Beginning of the year we did post our Roadmap and release plan. In accordnace with this we just did release the spring Release (2020.01.001) of SpiceCRM delivering the majority of the planned features. However some of the features we felt had not been fully tested so we held them back and now releasing SpiceCRM 2020.01.002
Amongst a set of technical enhancements this release brings to major enhancements to SpiceCRM.
Wehen we started the development of SpiceCRM we always had the single page concept in mind. This is state of the art in the current web application technology. However for business applications the disadvantag is at hand with the lack to manage multiple records at the same time. In some areas and a lot of usecases in CRM this might not be a problem but for the more versed user we very often heard the request to open multiple tabs, yet stay organized.
With this release we are introducing the capability fort the user to manage navigation paradigms and switch between three modes of navigation.
- simple: the classical one-page app view. Fast easy and focused on the current record
- tabbed: opening new record in a new tab. For those that handle multiple records are the same time
- tabbed with sub-tabs: enabling to open records in tabs and further related records in sub-tabs of the tab. Sounds complicated? Give it a try and you might even love it
This allows users to open multipls records at a time, organized in logical tabs and navigate easily from one to another record, also editing multiple records at a time.
Google Maps Integration
One still missing part with the port of our Reporter to the SpiceCRM UI was the Google Maps Integration in the Reporting tool as a data visualization plugin. Adding that we also added a set of new featuires to bring Maps and Geodata deeper into the application itself further completing the features with the google Integration we already had.
- integrated Google Search, autocomplete and geocode when creating records
- integrated Address Search and Completion
- geo based search of Records and easy visualization on a map
- one click navigation info supporting easy routing helping you to plan visits
- proximity search enabling you to find other accounts next to the customer you are just viewing.
This certaionly further support the usability from SpiceCRM and increaes productivity and efficiency using SpiceCRM.
Furthermore we updated some püarts of the technology stack we are using to stay on top of the latest innovations and security considerations
- updated to Angular 9.1.2
- updated to Support Elastic Search 7.*
- updated to support Highcharts 8
- updated to Lightning Design 2.11.7
The Release in Details
1000028: Tabbed Features in line with Salesforce
1000397: Angular 9.1.1 update
1000394: Added footer height
1000227: Update FTS Field handling
1000395: Responsive action menus
1000405: Formatting of HTML code in Rich Text Editor
1000386: Elastic 7.* support
1000100: Service Enhancements
1000398: Lightning Design 2.11.7 update
1000385: FTS enable to aggregate on empty values
1000388: Relate Field Filter
1000384: Collapsible FTS Aggregate Panels
1000339: Added new participants panel in calls & meetings
1000383: System-label components
1000406: New view for Media Files
1000404: Output Templates Preview
1000304: Load full data on recent items
1000377: Files Panel Header with Count
1000379: Refactor system-label component
1000330: Update Admin Screen
1000314: Remove Renderer for Angular9 compatibility
1000403: Angular 9.1.2 update
1000378: Google Maps for List and Record View
New Generic Google Maps Component has been built.
Google maps view for list view to display the search results as pin markers on google maps with the possiblity to search the same was as in spice list view.
We have also added a record view tab to make it possible to search around the record with google map circle tool and get the direction infos from a cetrain address to the record location.